Recent reports and events:
Interim report on provincial legal aid programs for refugees prior to Bill C-31.
Refugee Night was a huge success! It was an evening to celebrate an important milestone in the history of refugee protection –the 60th anniversary of the 1951 UN Refugee Convention – and to take a serious look at the state of refugee protection in Canada and the world today.
In the News
- Refugee Forum Committee Submissions - Fast, Fair, and Efficient Decisions: Are they Possible?
- Refugee Forum Committee Submission - Bill C-31: Anti-smuggling Provisions
- The Justice for Refuges and Immigrants Coalition outlines five key concerns with Bill C-31 and how it will:
- Summary: The Main Provisions of Bill C-31 by Janet Cleveland
- Global TV 16x9 Documentary: Closing Doors (feat. Prof. Peter Showler)
- Bill C-31: Proposed changes to Canada's asylum system
- Series: Inconsistent decisions at the Federal Court and IRB
- More news
- Fast, Fair and Final: Recommendations for Refugee Reform by Peter Showler.
- A Refugee from Justice? Disparate Treatment in the Federal Court of Canada by Jon B. Gould
- Making their Mark: Canada’s Young Refugees. Maytree Foundation publication with contributions from the Refugee Forum.
- More reports