Recent reports and events:
Interim report on provincial legal aid programs for refugees prior to Bill C-31.
The second annual Refugee Night was another great success! It was an opportunity to learn and share about recent changes to Canada’s refugee system and cuts to the Interim Federal Health Program. The Refugee Forum is proud to be a part of what is likely the first time that doctors and lawyers came together in such an event to address refugee issues.
In the News
- Refugee Forum Committee Submissions - Fast, Fair, and Efficient Decisions: Are they Possible?
- Refugee Forum Committee Submission - Bill C-31: Anti-smuggling Provisions
- The Justice for Refuges and Immigrants Coalition outlines five key concerns with Bill C-31 and how it will:
- Summary: The Main Provisions of Bill C-31 by Janet Cleveland
- Global TV 16x9 Documentary: Closing Doors (feat. Prof. Peter Showler)
- Bill C-31: Proposed changes to Canada's asylum system
- Series: Inconsistent decisions at the Federal Court and IRB
- More news
- Fast, Fair and Final: Recommendations for Refugee Reform by Peter Showler.
- A Refugee from Justice? Disparate Treatment in the Federal Court of Canada by Jon B. Gould
- Making their Mark: Canada’s Young Refugees. Maytree Foundation publication with contributions from the Refugee Forum.
- More reports